Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My and My Husband's Reaction to Our Daughter's Type 1 Diagnosis

Over the past couple years, I've had many parents email about their experiences with having type 1 or having a child with type 1.  Some of you or your children have had it for years, while others are new and struggling to understand how to live and cope with it.  I just thought I'd share my and my husband's first reactions to my daughter's diagnosis.  As you'll see in the video, my husband was a champ, while I had a little different reaction :)


I've had several requests for a type 1 lapbook or notebooking pages, which I will seriously take into consideration.  As many emails as I've received about this, there does seem to be lots interested.  If you have something specific you'd like me to add to them, send me your requests here.  I can't say when I'd get them completed but I will start putting something together when I have some extra time.  These would definitely be freebies.

My daughter started a YouTube channel about 2 years ago discussing her experiences with type 1.  She's currently 20 years old and was diagnosed just before her 17 birthday.  She often gets requests for new videos, so if you head over there and have questions for her, please feel free to ask.  She doesn't always get to them right away as she is a full time college student, but she does the best she can to answer all the questions she receives.  I hope her channel will help some of you with some of your questions.

A few of the videos are from when she was younger and just being silly with her friends, but the majority of them are her experiences with type 1.  She also is working on adding cooking videos.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails