Here's what you'll need to get started:
- half size poster board (if you're using the smaller chart you can use the small poster boards that come in a 5 pack)
- velcro sticker buttons (keep in mind that you will need double of one side of the velcro to add to the poster board)
- double stick tape
- I also print out something like 'Chris' Chore Chart' to add to the top
Here's how I put it together...
- First, print off your card choice (small or large)... I personally like the large.
- Cut them out and laminate them.
- Print out the grid using colored paper (if desired) and laminate.
- On your grid chart, add a velcro button to each square
- Then add the opposite velcro button to the velcro on the grid chart
- Next, add all the cards to the grid... the 'opposite' side of velcro will stick to the back of the cards.
- Now add the 'opposites' again to the back of the cards.
- Add double stick tape to the grid and add it to the bottom of the poster board.
- Above the poster board add all the cards.
- Add title with glue or double stick tape.
- Trim around the poster board
Cards before laminating.
Chart before trimming the poster board.
In the morning, I just put everything I want him to do that day on the top portion of the chart. Once he's completed the task he then puts the card on the grid portion. He's finished when the grid is full. And, all you have to do is grab the cards you want them to accomplish that day and move them off the grid. SO EASY!!!